Our goldsmith, Franziska, has compiled the 10 most valuable tips for the correct care of our marble jewellery for you:
Take off your jewellery before housework, gardening, sports, bathing, showering or going to the sauna and before going to bed.
- Protect your jewellery from cosmetics such as perfumes, creams and deodorants etc. to avoid discolouration.
- Keep your jewellery in a jewellery box or on a soft surface to avoid scratching metal parts.
- Do not store your jewellery in damp rooms such as bathrooms to prevent blackening of silver components.
- Clean your marble beads with a household neutral detergent and warm water. 1. Soap using light pressure 2. Wash under warm running water 3. Dry with a soft cloth 4. Place in the sun until completely dry.
- You have make-up residue on your marble necklace? A drop of red wine got on the marble bead? Clean the marble beads with colourless alcohol cleaner or put them in the solution for 1-3 days if they are very dirty! ATTENTION: If your piece of jewellery contains Swarovski pearls, you must not put it into the solution.
- Never use acidic products such as citric acid, baking soda or vinegar to clean marble. These will damage this precious natural product.
- To prevent magnetic closures from losing their pulling power, clean them regularly with a damp cotton swab and a little neutral soap. Then leave to dry when open.
- If silver jewellery parts are slightly discoloured, clean them with a special silver cleaning cloth. Avoid aggressive household cleaners under all circumstances. They destroy the structure of the silver and can damage the jewellery. Rough brushes or scouring pads should also be avoided. Individual pieces of silver, such as a silver chain, can also be immersed in a bath (NOT Swarovski or marble beads). Always follow the instructions for the silver cleaning agent.
- Cleaning stainless steel parts is very easy. If at all necessary, use a simple microfibre cloth and possibly a little soap.